Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. GIULIANI SAYS TRUMP WILL FIGHT ANY SUBPOENA EFFORTS IN RUSSIA PROBE
Rudy Giuliani says the president’s legal team would challenge any effort by special counsel Robert Mueller to force Trump’s testimony before a grand jury, but he distanced himself from the idea that Trump could pardon himself.
1. VOLCANO ERUPTION IN GUATEMALA KILLS AT LEAST SEVEN
Two of the dead were children burned as they watched the volcano from a bridge, four other people died when lava set a house on fire.
1. WHO SERVED AS SURPRISE COMMENCEMENT SPEAKER AT FLORIDA’S MARJORY STONEMAN DOUGLAS HIGH
Jimmy Fallon urged graduates, “don’t let anything stop you” and praised them for their protests against gun violence after a shooter killed 17 at the school.
1. MIXED VICTORY FOR RIGHT-WING PARTY IN SLOVENIA
Parliamentary elections saw the Slovenian Democratic Party win the most votes, but not enough to form a government without coalition partners.
1. WHICH BREAST CANCER PATIENTS CAN SKIP CHEMO, ACCORDING TO MAJOR STUDY
The study found most women with the most common form of early-stage breast cancer can skip chemotherapy without hurting their chances of beating the disease.
1. WHY JORDANIANS ARE FILLING THE STREETS OF AMMAN
Demonstrators in Jordan’s capital have been protesting a planned tax increase for four straight days.
1. ‘I DON’T LIKE WHAT HE DOES TO US’
Wisconsin is trying to curb abuse of elderly people by caregivers by handing out free surveillance cameras.
1. OFFICER ACCIDENTALLY SHOOTS HIMSELF IN THE LEG
The San Diego police officer was pursuing a hit-and-run suspect who pointed a weapon at officers and was eventually arrested near the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon’s finish line.
1. DJOKOVIC’S NEXT FRENCH OPEN FOE WAS CLEARED OF MATCH-FIXING
Marco Cecchinato, who once was handed a match-fixing suspension that was thrown out on appeal, earned the right to face Djokovic in the semifinals at Roland Garros by eliminating the No. 8-seeded David Goffin on Sunday.
1. BRYSON DECHAMBEAU WINS MEMORIAL IN PLAYOFF ON 2ND EXTRA HOLE
DeChambeau three-putted for bogey on the 18th for a 1-under 71 to get into a three-way playoff at Muirfield Village. The 24-year-old Californian won on the second extra hole with a birdie. Tiger Woods tied for 23rd.