More than 45 corporations – ranging from FedEx to Jersey Mike’s Subs – will be looking for employees at this year’s complimentary AllianceTexas Job Fair on Wednesday, August 8, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at The Speedway Club at Texas Motor Speedway.
North Texas job seekers will have an opportunity to network with representatives of organizations located within AllianceTexas, including Fortune 500 and Global 500 companies.
Here are some job tips for a successful visit:
Job Fair Preparation
1. Visit the Job Fair website and research companies that will be attending, including any job openings that match your desired position or qualifications.
2. Create a LinkedIn profile, especially if you are seeking a management or supervisory position, and be sure to list it on your resume.
3. Develop a strategy to work the room. Whether you work from table to table or make a list of your top companies, be sure to have some sort of strategy for networking.
4. Create a list of questions; these can be general questions for each company or questions directed to specific companies.
5. Dress to Impress. It may be hot, but you still need to present yourself in the best possible light. That means wearing a suit or button-down shirt and tie for men and a dress or pants suit for women.
6. Develop a 30-60 second introduction that touches on what opportunities you are looking for and your past experience.
7. Don’t smoke or vape before the event. No matter how hard you try, you cannot mask the scent since smoke absorbs into your clothing and into your skin.