Tuesday, May 11, 2021
58.5 F
Fort Worth

Carbon monoxide leak at Texas hotel sends 12 to hospital

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Authorities say a carbon monoxide leak at a South Texas hotel blamed on a water heater has sent 12 guests to a hospital but all should recover.

The San Antonio Fire Department reports the leak was discovered around 2 a.m. Tuesday as firefighters responded to calls about sick guests at a Comfort Suites Hotel.

Department spokesman Joe Arrington says leaking carbon monoxide was traced to an exhaust pipe that accidentally dislodged from a gas-powered water heater.

Firefighters evacuated more than 100 people from the Comfort Suites Hotel, as a precaution. Arrington says 12 guests taken to a hospital have conditions not believed to be life-threatening.

Fans were used to ventilate the hotel. Arrington says guests were allowed to return several hours later.

Get our email updates

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Stay Connected

7,456FansLike
1,942FollowersFollow
11,850FollowersFollow
93SubscribersSubscribe

Join Our Newsletter

Latest Articles