66.7 F
Fort Worth
Thursday, September 24, 2020
- Advertisements -
Business Dr Pepper Snapple 2Q adj. profit meets Street

Dr Pepper Snapple 2Q adj. profit meets Street

Other News

Petalo, not Charmin: Virus brings Mexican toilet paper to US

By JOSEPH PISANI AP Retail Writer NEW YORK (AP) — Toilet...

Mall owners close to buying JC Penney out of bankruptcy

By ANNE D'INNOCENZIO AP Retail WriterNEW YORK (AP) — Mall owners Simon Property Group and Brookfield Property Partners are close to a...

At Home launches collection with Fort Worth connection

At Home Group Inc. (NYSE: HOME), The Home Décor Superstore, has debuted an exclusive collection with interior...

Former Toys ‘R’ Us reopens as Havertys in Southlake

HAVERTYS (NYSE: HVT and HVT.A) will officially open its new store in Southlake Corners on Friday, August 21, 2020. The 32,300 square...
Robert Francis
Robert Francis
Robert is a Fort Worth native and longtime editor of the Fort Worth Business Press. He is a former president of the local Society of Professional Journalists and was a freelancer for a variety of newspapers, weeklies and magazines, including American Way, BrandWeek and InformatonWeek. A graduate of TCU, Robert has held a variety of writing and editing positions at publications such as the Grand Prairie Daily News and InfoWorld. He is also a musician and playwright.

  PLANO, Texas (AP) — Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. said Wednesday that its net income declined 13 percent in the second quarter, hampered in part by higher commodity costs, bad weather and cautious consumer spending. The maker of Sunkist, Canada Dry, its namesake drinks and other beverages also cut its full-year revenue forecast. Dr Pepper earned $155 million, or 76 cents per share, for the three months ended June 30. A year earlier it earned $178 million, or 83 cents per share. Removing an accounting measure and other items, earnings were 84 cents per share. Adjusted earnings were 85 cents per share in the prior-year period. This met the expectations of analysts polled by FactSet. Revenue for the Plano company dipped 1 percent to $1.61 billion from $1.62 billion. Wall Street was looking for higher revenue of $1.65 billion. Total sales volume fell 4 percent as people continued to shy away from buying sugary drinks. Both beverage concentrates and packaged beverages posted a 5 percent decline in the metric. Latin America beverages reported a 2 percent increase. The bottler case sales volume for carbonated soft drinks dropped 3 percent, while it declined 2 percent for non-carbonated beverages. One bright spot was that the volume for Snapple beverages rose 4 percent. It climbed 2 percent for Mott’s juices. Bottler case sales volume for the U.S. and Canada fell 4 percent, while Mexico and the Caribbean reported a 2 percent rise. Dr Pepper said that commodity costs mostly related to apples climbed in the quarter. It also boosted marketing spending by $9 million and dealt with a $4 million audit charge. President and CEO Larry Young said in a statement that unseasonably cold and wet weather hurt business. Dr Pepper now foresees 2013 revenue growth of about 2 percent, down from a prior prediction for an approximately 3 percent rise. It still expects full-year adjusted earnings of $3.04 to $3.12 per share. Analysts forecast earnings of $3.09 per share. Its shares finished at $47.68 on Tuesday.        

 

- Advertisements -
- Advertisements -

Latest News

Mars drops Uncle Ben’s, reveals new name for rice brand

By ALEXANDRA OLSON AP Business WriterNEW YORK (AP) — The Uncle Ben's rice brand is getting a new name: Ben's Original.Parent firm...

Trump says new TikTok headquarters could land in Texas, but questions about the deal remain

By Dan Rosenzweig-Ziff, The Texas Tribune Sept. 22, 2020 "Trump says new TikTok headquarters...

Powell and Mnuchin voice optimism but back more economic aid

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER AP Economics Writer WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin...

Wall Street steadies itself, halting 4-day losing streak

By STAN CHOE, DAMIAN J. TROISE and ALEX VEIGA AP Business Writers Stocks on Wall Street shrugged off an...

Powell: Many small companies can borrow without Main Street

By CHRISTOPHER RUGABER AP Economics WriterWASHINGTON (AP) — Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell says that many mid-size U.S. businesses are now able...