Wal-Mart is launching online grocery shopping in the Dallas-Fort Worth area beginning Wednesday — the first time Wal-Mart has offered online grocery in Texas, according to a news release.
Customers can order from Wal-Mart’s website, Walmart.com/grocery, and begin picking up orders from supermarkets on Oct. 20.
Eight Wal-Mart locations in Dallas-Fort Worth will participate. Customers are asked to park in spaces designated specifically for online pickup, and Wal-Mart employees will then load orders into customers’ cars.
Wal-Mart’s website offers more than 30,000 grocery items including dairy, produce, meat and household products.
The announcement comes a week after Wal-Mart announced that it would open a second fulfillment center in Fort Worth, which would manage online orders. The fulfillment centers do not handle grocery but rather nonperishable items such as clothing, paper goods and others.
Online grocery shopping will be available at the following Dallas-Fort Worth Wal-Mart locations:
• Walmart Supercenter, 9101 N. Tarrant Parkway, North Richland Hills
• Walmart Supercenter, 6001 Central Expressway, Plano
• Walmart Supercenter, 12220 FM-423, Frisco
• Walmart Supercenter, 8520 N. Beach Street, Fort Worth
• Walmart Supercenter, 4101 Highway 121, Bedford
• Walmart Supercenter, 1700 Dallas Parkway, Plano
• Walmart Supercenter, 1732 Precinct Line Road, Hurst
• Walmart Supercenter, 8801 Ohio Drive, Plano