Ruffles Brand Potato Chips, one of the crunchy, marquee brands from PepsiCo’s Plano-based Frito-Lay division, has decided to be your cicerone or beer sommelier.
Ruffles has partnered with national and local craft breweries nationwide to create the ultimate “Chips & Sips” pairing guide. From pale ales and spice to lagers and tang, these one-of-a-kind beer pairings are designed to take the flavor combination to new heights.
The Chips & Sips pairings include:
• Light & Loaded, nationwide: Ruffles Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins with Bud Light
• Bacon & Brew, California: Ruffles Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins with Brew Free! Or Die IPA from San Francisco-based 21stAmendment Brewery.
• Buckshot & Bacon, Carolinas: Ruffles Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins with Buckshot Amber from Greensboro, North Carolina’s Natty Greene’s
• All Dressed & Ale, Central Gulf Coast: Ruffles All Dressed with Good People IPA from Brimingham’s Good People Brewing Co.
• Potato Skins & Pils, Mid-America: Ruffles Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins with Turntable Pils from Cleveland’s Great Lakes Brewing Co.
• Sour Cream & Skull, Southeast: Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream with Laughing Skull Amber Ale from Atlanta’s Red Brick Brewing Co.
• Hot & Helles, Texoma and Central US: Ruffles Flamin’ Hot with Texas Helles from Dallas’ Community Beer Co.
“Craft beers have become more and more popular, especially in the summer. Why not combine that with the great flavors of Ruffles and bring two great tastes together? This pairing guide unites your favorite Ruffles flavors with their perfect brew match,” says Tina Mahal, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. “We’re excited for consumers to continue enjoying summer by kicking back with Ruffles ‘Chips & Sips.'”
Ruffles is giving fans the chance to win Ruffles-branded beer gear and the ultimate beer vacation at the 48th Annual Denver Oktoberfest. To enter, consumers simply submit their bag’s on-pack UPC barcode (up to five entries per day) at www.ruffleschipsandsips.com along with the brew they paired with Ruffles.
For more information about the sweepstakes rules and regulations and a closer look at the “Chips & Sips” pairings, visit www.ruffleschipsandsips.com. The “Chips & Sips” sweepstakes runs through Sunday, August 20, but these perfect pairings will live on forever.