Along with the fancy drinks that will be part of the second annual Fort Worth Cocktail Week, October 14 – 20, 2017, a set of all-star chefs will be part of the mix.
Here’s a look at the six-night event:
● Oct. 14 at 5:00 pm – Sips at Proper on Magnolia – Owner and Head Chef of Fixture, Ben Merritt, 2-time winner of Fort Worth, Texas Magazine’s Top Chef Competition winner specializes in New American cuisine with a twist.
● Oct. 16 at 6:00 pm – Texas Spirits Tasting Party at Mopac Event Center – Chef Nico Sanchez is the culinary force behind Meso Maya, Taqueria La Ventana & now TorTaco, his newest concept in the heart of Fort Worth, in the West 7th. District. Chef Sanchez was named “Best Chef – Regional Mexican” by D Magazine in the “Best of Big D- 2016” and TorTaco was recently named the ‘Best New Restaurant in Fort Worth’ by CultureMap Fort Worth readers.
● Oct. 17 at 6:00 pm – Bourbon Bash at Thompson’s – David Hollister is the prolific chef behind Yucatan Taco Stand, Gas Monkey Bar and Grill and Chef Representative to HeartBrand Beef.
● Oct. 18 at 6:00 pm – Tiki Drink Rum Party at The Usual – Juan Rodriguez spent 8 years at Reata before opening Magdalena’s catering and creating the popular Magdalena’s Supper Club. Magdalena’s received the staff’s pick for “Best Caterer” in 2017 by FW Weekly and Fort Worth, Texas Magazine.
● Oct. 19 at 6:00 pm – The Bartenders Without Borders: Tequila & Mezcal Night at Salsa Limón Distrito – Visit the newest Salsa Limon location Distrito for Mexican street food featuring Chef Keith Grober former head chef at Rodeo Goat.
● Oct. 20 at 6:00 pm – Gin vs. Vodka Party at The Foundry District – Self-taught chef Stefan Rishel boasts a plethora of accolades including best “Best Brunch” and “Best Comfort Food” 3 years in a row in Fort Worth, Texas Magazine as Executive chef at MAX’s Wine Dive and won their Top Chef Competition in 2015. He is currently head chef at Texas Bleu in Keller.