The GM Financial Parade of Lights will illuminate the streets of Downtown Fort Worth for the 37th year on Sunday, Nov. 24. This year’s “Sounds of the Season”-themed parade will kick off Fort Worth’s holiday festivities with more than 100 festive floats prepared for the event, each adorned with cheerful decor and over half a million lights.
What began in 1983 with a crowd of only 25,000 spectators and 25 floats has grown to become a tradition and Texas’ largest illuminated holiday procession.
Year-after-year, North Texas families gather to experience the melodies of energetic marching bands, 100+ professionally-designed floats (each with more than 12,000 lights), sparkling antique cars, precision equestrian units, festive horse-drawn carriages, and carolers spreading Christmas cheer along the parade route. The night will conclude with Santa and Mrs. Claus appearing on the specially designed, LED-lit, grand finale float.
There are many opportunities to participate in the 2019 GM Financial Parade of Lights:
• Reserve “Street Seats”: While the parade is free and open to the public, attendees can get the most illuminating experience by purchasing reserved tickets, or “Street Seats,” in advance. Tickets start at $12.95 and are available for purchase now. Visit www.FortWorthParadeOfLights.org/Parade-Info/Street-Seats/ to view all reserved seating options and discounted packaged ticket prices.
• Enter a Float: Applications are open until September 27 for those interested in entering a float in the 2019 parade. Entry forms and rates can be found at www.FortWorthParadeOfLights.org/participate
• Volunteer: For those interested in volunteering, various opportunities such as hospitality, parade walkers, seating attendants, and more are available at https://www.fortworthparadeoflights.org/participate/volunteer/
• Become a Sponsor: As a 501c (3) non-profit organization, Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc. seeks the support of corporate sponsors and partners to help maintain the free and high-quality production of the parade for the Fort Worth community. Visit www.FortWorthParadeOfLights.org/Sponsors.
Beginning at 2 p.m. on the day of the parade, round-trip shuttle service from Farrington Field to Downtown Fort Worth will be offered. Parade attendees are encouraged to arrive early to snap photos next to the majestic Sundance Square Christmas Tree, shop and eat at the 50+ retailers and restaurants located throughout downtown, and enjoy live holiday entertainment. The parade will begin at
The official hashtag for the 2019 GM Financial Parade of Lights is #2019ParadeOfLights. For the latest updates on the 37th annual GM Financial Parade of Lights, visit the Parade of Lights:
• Online: www.FortWorthParadeOfLights.org