Each year the Veterans Day National Committee publishes a commemorative Veterans Day poster, selected from artwork submitted by artists nationwide and distributed to VA facilities, military installations around the world.
The deadline to submit a poster for consideration is April 1.
The selected poster also serves as the cover of the official program for the Veterans Day Observance at Arlington National Cemetery.
Over the years these posters have illustrated the rich history of our country’s service men and women. The poster clearly reflects the pride and patriotism in saluting Veterans while providing the thematic artistry for the year.
The theme for the 2019 Veterans Day Poster is “Service.”
Poster guidelines, submissions must:
• Be 18” x 24” at 300 dots per inch, scale down submissions to 9”x12.”
• Representative of all veterans who served. The committee may select a submission but ask the artist to make modifications to the original design. Additional changes may be required prior to printing.
• Design must include the words: “Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2019” and “Honoring all who served.”
• Include enough information to demonstrate the image is the work of the artist and is not copyrighted material (i.e. photos and concepts).
• Submissions are not restricted to “human centric” presentations, such as a joint color guard. Imagery of American icons, monuments or scenery can qualify, for example, the American flag.
• Successful designs are simple with minimal imagery and verbiage.
Deadline for submission: April 1.
The Veterans Day National Committee will convene a selection sub-committee in May 2019 to review submissions and make a final selection
To view examples of past winning submissions, visit: https://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/gallery.asp
Submit electronic versions as jpg images or PDF files by email to email@example.com, or send copies of artwork on a CD with artwork files to:
Veterans Day National Committee (002D)
Department of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20420
– FWBP Staff