FORT STOCKTON, Texas (AP) — Three deer hunters have been hurt in a gas explosion at a West Texas cabin as they tried to light the burner on a water heater.
Pecos County Sheriff Cliff Harris said Tuesday that the men were taken to a hospital for treatment of injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The accident severely damaged the cabin on a ranch 40 miles west of Fort Stockton. Two other hunters weren’t hurt.
The sheriff says the men hunted on Monday, returned to the cabin and there was no hot water for a shower.
The men tried to light the burner. Harris says a gas leak under the house, associated with a propane tank line, led to the blast. There was no fire.
Names of the men weren’t released.