Saturday, May 8, 2021
72.2 F
Fort Worth

Coroner: Angels pitcher Skaggs died of accidental overdose

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — A medical examiner in Texas has ruled that Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died from an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office said in a report released Friday that Skaggs had the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone in his system along with alcohol.

The 27-year-old Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room in the Dallas area July 1 before the start of what was supposed to be a four-game series against the Texas Rangers. The first game was postponed.

Get our email updates

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Stay Connected

7,455FansLike
1,942FollowersFollow
11,849FollowersFollow
93SubscribersSubscribe

Join Our Newsletter

Latest Articles