Thursday, October 28, 2021
58 F
Fort Worth

Pence says Trump campaign might stop banning news outlets

🕐 1 min read

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump’s running mate said Friday that the Republican presidential campaign might lift its ban of certain media outlets from campaign events.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said the campaign would evaluate its policy and added that events would be “available to the media, whether they’re fair or unfair.”

Pence’s remarks on the Hugh Hewitt radio show came days after a Washington Post reporter was searched and ejected from one of his events.

Trump had been a frequent critic of the media and has banned several outlets from covering his campaign events, including Buzzfeed, Politico, The Huffington Post and The Washington Post.

Pence, who touted his own record of being available to the media, considered launching a state-run news service. He ultimately scrapped the effort.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Latest Articles

Texas-Rangers-Welcome
Fort Worth Business Press Logo
This advertisement will close in
00
Months
00
Days
00
Hours
00
Minutes
00
Seconds
seconds..
Click here to continue to Fort Worth Business Press
Texas Rangers
Fort Worth Business Press Logo
This advertisement will close in
00
Months
00
Days
00
Hours
00
Minutes
00
Seconds
seconds..
Click here to continue to Fort Worth Business Press

Not ready to subscribe?

Try a few articles on us.

Enter your email address and we will give you access to three articles a month, to give us a try. You also get an opportunity to receive our newsletter with stories of the day.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.

  • Restaurants
  • Technology
  • and more!

FWBP Morning Brief

FWBP 5@5

Weekend Newsletter

  • Banking & Finance
  • Culture
  • Real Estate