Thursday, October 21, 2021
76.8 F
Fort Worth

2 men overcome by carbon monoxide at Texas NASCAR speedway

🕐 1 min read

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Authorities say two men were rushed to hospitals in critical condition after being found suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning inside their converted bus at Texas Motor Speedway.

Fort Worth fire spokesman Kyle Clay says firefighters found the men shortly before 9 a.m. Sunday. Bystanders had reported the men were ill inside the bus parked in the raceway’s infield. A bystander was giving one of the men CPR when firefighters arrived.

Clay says a gas-powered generator inside the vehicle wasn’t properly ventilated. NASCAR’s Texas 500 was running at the speedway Sunday.

Clay says both men appeared to be in their 50s when they were taken to the infield care center. One was airlifted to a hospital for treatment in a hyperbaric chamber. Their identities haven’t been released.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Latest Articles

Texas Rangers
Fort Worth Business Press Logo
This advertisement will close in
00
Months
00
Days
00
Hours
00
Minutes
00
Seconds
seconds..
Click here to continue to Fort Worth Business Press

Not ready to subscribe?

Try a few articles on us.

Enter your email address and we will give you access to three articles a month, to give us a try. You also get an opportunity to receive our newsletter with stories of the day.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.

  • Restaurants
  • Technology
  • and more!

FWBP Morning Brief

FWBP 5@5

Weekend Newsletter

  • Banking & Finance
  • Culture
  • Real Estate