WASHINGTON (AP) —The executive producer of “The Apprentice” says he doesn’t have the right to release footage from the reality TV show once hosted by Donald Trump.
MGM, which owns executive producer Mark Burnett’s production company, also says it cannot legally release the footage.
Neither Burnett nor MGM immediately responded to questions Monday seeking details about the specific requirements they say block them from releasing the footage.
The Associated Press previously had asked Burnett to provide the original “The Apprentice” footage for review earlier this year, and renewed calls last week.
The statement issued Monday comes on the heels of an AP story published last week concerning allegations by cast and crew that the Republican presidential nominee frequently used lewd and sexist language while shooting the show.
Donald Trump is warning his supporters to keep a close eye on the polls so the “election is not stolen from us.”
Trump told supporters Monday at a rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania that he wanted every vote “counted 100 percent” on Nov. 8. He added that they had to vigilant so the White House is “not taken away way from us.”
The celebrity businessman repeated his claim that the “system is rigged.”
Repeated studies have shown there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud across the nation.