Saturday, July 24, 2021
89.7 F
Fort Worth

Authorities: Only one shooter at Washington Navy Yard

🕐 1 min read

 

BRETT ZONGKER, Associated Press ERIC TUCKER, Associated Press LOLITA C. BALDOR, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says authorities believe there was only a lone gunman responsible for the Navy Yard shooting rampage that left 13 people dead.

Authorities had earlier said they were searching for a possible second suspect.

Mayor Vincent Gray says the 12 shooting victims range in age from 46 to 73 years old. The gunman, identified as 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, was also killed.

Gray said at a news conference late Monday night that they are still notifying the families of about half of the 12 people who were killed.

The FBI says the gunman used a valid pass to get on to the Navy Yard.  

Robert Francis
Robert is a Fort Worth native and longtime editor of the Fort Worth Business Press. He is a former president of the local Society of Professional Journalists and was a freelancer for a variety of newspapers, weeklies and magazines, including American Way, BrandWeek and InformatonWeek. A graduate of TCU, Robert has held a variety of writing and editing positions at publications such as the Grand Prairie Daily News and InfoWorld. He is also a musician and playwright.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Latest Articles

Not ready to subscribe?

Try a few articles on us.

Enter your email address and we will give you access to three articles a month, to give us a try. You also get an opportunity to receive our newsletter with stories of the day.

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.

  • Restaurants
  • Technology
  • and more!

FWBP Morning Brief

FWBP 5@5

Weekend Newsletter

  • Banking & Finance
  • Culture
  • Real Estate