Some highlights of Feb. 2 City Council meetings:
City Council Work Session, 3 p.m., Room 2020 of City Hall, 200 Texas St.
- An informal report will cover the Lights Out/Dark Skies Initiative for migratory birds.
- Briefings will cover Community Action Partners; the 2021 Competitive Housing Tax Credit applications; and Airport Operations and Capital Program.
City Council meeting, 7 p.m., City Council Chamber on the second floor of City Hall.
- Members will vote on a resolution approving the termination of the AllianceAirport Authority.
- The Council will vote on appointments to boards and commissions.
- Members will vote on a resolution confirming the appointment of Neil Noakes to police chief.
- Twelve zoning cases are on the agenda.
Safety protocols in place
Visitors to the City Council meetings must undergo a temperature check and health screening upon entering City Hall, and masks or face coverings are required.
To promote social distancing, seating during the Council meeting will be extremely limited. Residents planning to make an in-person presentation should arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the meeting to allow time for screening and to ensure seating is available.
Though in-person comments will be allowed at the 7 p.m. Council meeting, residents may also comment by telephone on an agenda item or during the public presentation portion of the agenda. To sign up to speak, use the link on the agenda, call 817-392-6150 or email the City Secretary. Speakers before Council should keep in mind that state law prohibits councilmembers from engaging in dialogue with speakers during public comment periods.
Members of the City Council may be participating remotely in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Council Rules of Procedure, or under the provisions provided by the governor of Texas in conjunction with the Declaration of Disaster enacted March 13, 2020.