Thursday, December 2, 2021
79 F
Fort Worth

Man who caught listeria-related meningitis sues Blue Bell

🕐 1 min read

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A man is suing Blue Bell, saying he contracted listeria-related meningitis after eating ice cream produced by the company in 2013.

David Philip Shockley is seeking unspecified damages in the negligence lawsuit filed Tuesday in Austin.

Texas-based Blue Bell recalled all its ice cream and halted production in April after a series of listeria infections linked to its products.

The lawsuit says Shockley was hospitalized with respiratory failure and septic shock in October 2013 after eating Blue Bell products while working at a retirement complex in Houston. The lawsuit says doctors diagnosed him with listeria meningitis with encephalitis.

Shockley, who suffered brain damage, now lives with relatives in Snow Hill, Maryland.

Blue Bell and the Texas Department of State Health Services didn’t immediately return messages Wednesday.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Latest Articles

Fort Worth Business Press Logo
This advertisement will close in
00
Months
00
Days
00
Hours
00
Minutes
00
Seconds
seconds..
Click here to continue to Fort Worth Business Press

Not ready to subscribe?

Try a few articles on us.

Enter your email address and we will give you access to three articles a month, to give us a try. You also get an opportunity to receive our newsletter with stories of the day.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.

  • Restaurants
  • Technology
  • and more!

FWBP Morning Brief

FWBP 5@5

Weekend Newsletter

  • Banking & Finance
  • Culture
  • Real Estate