Saturday, September 25, 2021
68.9 F
Fort Worth

Search called off for Mansfield teen missing in Gulf of Mexico

🕐 1 min read

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) — The Coast Guard has called off its search for a 16-year-old North Texas boy who disappeared in choppy waters in the Gulf of Mexico at Corpus Christi.

The boy disappeared Friday morning. The Coast Guard called off its search late Saturday afternoon. The Coast Guard had been searching with a helicopter and a boat.

Coast Guard spokeswoman Lt. j.g. Shelly Brown says the search was suspended “pending any further developments.” Though they’ve suspended the search, she says the Coast Guard practice is to alert other agencies and the public in that area to “keep a sharp eye.”

The teen is a ninth-grader in Mansfield, located near Fort Worth. The Mansfield Independent School District superintendent has said the teen was in Corpus Christi for the SkillsUSA state competition.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Latest Articles

Not ready to subscribe?

Try a few articles on us.

Enter your email address and we will give you access to three articles a month, to give us a try. You also get an opportunity to receive our newsletter with stories of the day.

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.

  • Restaurants
  • Technology
  • and more!

FWBP Morning Brief

FWBP 5@5

Weekend Newsletter

  • Banking & Finance
  • Culture
  • Real Estate