Friday, October 22, 2021
61 F
Fort Worth

Still no explanation for Dallas gunman’s honorable discharge

🕐 1 min read

DALLAS (AP) — Almost a week after the Dallas sniper attacks, it’s still unclear how the gunman obtained an honorable discharge from the military after Army officials sent him home from Afghanistan with a recommendation that he be thrown out of the armed forces.

Micah Johnson served in the Army Reserve for six years before last week’s sniper attack, which killed five Dallas police officers. The 25-year-old was killed by police with a robot-delivered bomb.

An Army spokesman says the Pentagon is reviewing all of Johnson’s records.

An attorney appointed by the military to represent Johnson in a sexual harassment case speculated last week that Johnson’s behavioral record could be more serious. The attorney says he’s now under strict orders not to discuss the matter with reporters.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Latest Articles

Texas Rangers
Fort Worth Business Press Logo
This advertisement will close in
00
Months
00
Days
00
Hours
00
Minutes
00
Seconds
seconds..
Click here to continue to Fort Worth Business Press

Not ready to subscribe?

Try a few articles on us.

Enter your email address and we will give you access to three articles a month, to give us a try. You also get an opportunity to receive our newsletter with stories of the day.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.

  • Restaurants
  • Technology
  • and more!

FWBP Morning Brief

FWBP 5@5

Weekend Newsletter

  • Banking & Finance
  • Culture
  • Real Estate