52.7 F
Fort Worth
Friday, February 26, 2021

Texas A&M student dies of apparent drug overdose

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) — Police say a preliminary investigation has determined that a Texas A&M University student found unresponsive at a fraternity house died of a drug overdose.

College Station police said in a statement that the unidentified 19-year-old was found early Saturday at the Sigma Nu fraternity. The student, who was a member of the fraternity, was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Investigators say it’s not clear what drug the student ingested.

Police determined other drugs were in the house and four young men, ages 18 to 21, were arrested for possession. Others were cited for having drug paraphernalia.

The fraternity’s national office issued a statement saying Sigma Nu will assist authorities with the investigation.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Stay Connected

7,348FansLike
1,942FollowersFollow
11,787FollowersFollow
93SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.