Sunday, September 26, 2021
71.9 F
Fort Worth

2 North Texas lawn-care workers die following chemical exposure

🕐 1 min read

LUCAS, Texas (AP) — Two employees of a lawn-service company have died and five emergency personnel hospitalized in North Texas after they were exposed to chemicals inside a company cargo van.

Authorities say the two employees, who have not been identified, were inside the van Wednesday when they apparently succumbed to toxic fumes.

Collin County sheriff’s deputies and firefighters were called to the scene in Lucas, northeast of Dallas, and were overcome by fumes when they opened a door to the van.

A deputy and four firefighters were taken to a hospital for treatment and later released.

Authorities have not revealed what type of chemicals were inside the van or indicated the circumstances leading to the workers being exposed.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Latest Articles

Not ready to subscribe?

Try a few articles on us.

Enter your email address and we will give you access to three articles a month, to give us a try. You also get an opportunity to receive our newsletter with stories of the day.

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.

  • Restaurants
  • Technology
  • and more!

FWBP Morning Brief

FWBP 5@5

Weekend Newsletter

  • Banking & Finance
  • Culture
  • Real Estate