Thursday, October 28, 2021
59.6 F
Fort Worth

Carbon monoxide kills 1 in converted bus at Texas Motor Speedway

🕐 1 min read

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Officials say one racing fan has died and another was critically hurt after being found suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in a converted bus at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office on Monday identified the man who died as 49-year-old Cameron Hickman of Flower Mound. Hickman died Sunday at a Fort Worth hospital where he was transported. A cause of death wasn’t immediately released.

The bus was parked on the infield Sunday during NASCAR’s Texas 500. Bystanders reported two men were sick inside.

Fort Worth Fire Department spokesman Kyle Clay says a gasoline-powered generator inside the vehicle did not appear to be properly ventilated. Clay on Monday had no information on the second critically ill man, who was also transported to a hospital.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Latest Articles

Texas-Rangers-Welcome
Fort Worth Business Press Logo
This advertisement will close in
00
Months
00
Days
00
Hours
00
Minutes
00
Seconds
seconds..
Click here to continue to Fort Worth Business Press
Texas Rangers
Fort Worth Business Press Logo
This advertisement will close in
00
Months
00
Days
00
Hours
00
Minutes
00
Seconds
seconds..
Click here to continue to Fort Worth Business Press

Not ready to subscribe?

Try a few articles on us.

Enter your email address and we will give you access to three articles a month, to give us a try. You also get an opportunity to receive our newsletter with stories of the day.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.

  • Restaurants
  • Technology
  • and more!

FWBP Morning Brief

FWBP 5@5

Weekend Newsletter

  • Banking & Finance
  • Culture
  • Real Estate