Sunday, October 17, 2021
60.4 F
Fort Worth

Texas teen loses part of leg when 180 sparklers explode

🕐 1 min read

HOUSTON (AP) — A Texas teenager who lit 180 sparklers that were taped together needed to have part of his leg amputated and suffered burns after the sparklers exploded.

The family of 15-year-old Rowdy Radford said he also may lose his vision due to Saturday’s accident.

Matagorda County sheriff’s Sgt. James Orr said Tuesday that the teen was at a home in the Gulf Coast community of Sargent when he wrapped the sparklers together.

The teen’s aunt, Lorin Meadows, told KHOU-TV in Houston that the makeshift device exploded as soon as it was lit.

Orr says family members heard an explosion and rushed outside to find the injured boy with his left leg nearly severed.

Orr says Radford was transported by helicopter to a Houston hospital, where he remains hospitalized.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Latest Articles

Not ready to subscribe?

Try a few articles on us.

Enter your email address and we will give you access to three articles a month, to give us a try. You also get an opportunity to receive our newsletter with stories of the day.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.

  • Restaurants
  • Technology
  • and more!

FWBP Morning Brief

FWBP 5@5

Weekend Newsletter

  • Banking & Finance
  • Culture
  • Real Estate