Creativity and comfort go hand in hand for Allen Wallach of PAVLOV, which offers a smorgasbord of marketing communications from brand platform development to social media. Need a good, practical space for all that ingenuity – that is how Wallach describes his workspace, of which he wouldn’t change a thing. What’s on his desk? Let’s take a look.
1. ADDY. The company’s one and only Addy Award for copy writing, of which Wallach penned the prose. “I won it in 2007. Still the only Special Judge’s Award earned by the agency for copywriting.”
2. Koozball. His very own, patented invention. A foam football you can toss – but also use to down a cold beer. Took 15 years to get it to market. Check the shelves of Wal-Mart and Target.
3. Daddy’s little girl. Running out of room for a timeline collage of daughter, 13. “From baby to a young lady, her life is right before my eyes.”
4. British flag mouse pad. Celebration of London client. “I was in a gift shop while on business there and felt I needed a memento. How often does a Fort Worth agency have a London client?”
5. Bongo. A Cuban refugee in Mexico was selling this hand-carved instrument and Wallach was in the mood to buy it. “I bought if from a Cuban hippie in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. I admired his musical stylings and he offered to sell me his handmade bongo for a song.”
6. 40 Under 40, circa 2005. “I’m grateful for the honor. And the head of dark hair from almost a decade ago.”
7. Orange hand grenade. Not a real one, of course. Leftover when the agency was Concussion. “A reminder of 13 successful years as Concussion (before changing our name to PAVLOV).”
8. Jaguar in a glass. At least the head. Another Mexican memento. (Getting the theme here?) Mexican Indians who specialize in carving the wood created it. “There is something captivating about the colorful, hand carved, intricately beaded artwork. Just an incredible art form.”
9. Projects in the making. The magic starts here. Texas Motor Speedway, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TCU projects underway.
Quote: The ergonomic chair, the lifting of the laptop “Are all aspects that have made this office so great for so many years. If we ever change the furniture, I’d want the exact same configuration.”