Fort Worth’s Renfro Foods Inc. was honored as the Small Family Business of the Year by Baylor University’s Institute for Family Business (IFB), the school announced on Monday.
Renfro Foods, along with several other businesses will honor the 2015 Texas Family Business of the Year Award winners and finalists at an awards banquet Nov. 19 at Baylor University’s new Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation.
The awards program – now in its 26th year – recognizes outstanding firms whose families demonstrate a commitment to each other, to business continuity and to the needs of their employees, community and industry.
“The Institute for Family Business is excited about our 2016 cohort of award winners. They represent a wide range of industries and are based mainly in the Texas Triangle region,” said William Worthington, IFB director. “The IFB is in its 26th year of celebrating family businesses in Texas and these firms have risen above the crowd demonstrating the strength and wonder that merging family with business can create.”
This year’s winners are:
• Small Family Business of the Year – Renfro Foods, Inc. – Fort Worth
• Medium Family Business of the Year – The Arbor Behavioral Healthcare Facilities – Georgetown
• Large Family Business of the Year – Georgetown Mortgage – Georgetown
• Community Commitment Award –Tranum Auto Group – Temple
• Family Values Award – Ben Franklin Apothecary – Duncanville
• Fastest Growing Award – Ready Seal, Inc. – Lewisville
• Well-Managed Award – Groves Equipment Rental Co., Inc. – Groves
• Founders Award – Freddy’s Auto Glass & Mirror, Inc. – Waco
• Heritage Award – Wylie Flower & Gift – Wylie
• Stewardship Award – High Point Travel Inc. – Dallas
• Young/New Business Award – Focus Behavioral Associates – Robinson
Finalists are: Amaral Tellawi, PLLC (Houston); Financial Management Professionals, Inc. (Austin);
Home Abstract and Title Company (Woodway); Houston Texas Dental Spa (Houston); Lewis Public Relations, A Three Box Inc. Company (Dallas); Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch (San Antonio); and Son Beverage Company (San Antonio).
Renfro Foods was honored as the Family Business of the Year at the Fort Worth Business Top 100 Awards in August.
To read the Top 100 story on Renfro Foods: www.fortworthbusiness.com/news/briefs/top-family-business-of-the-year-renfro-foods-inc/article_5f51ba76-476d-11e5-b9c8-dbc02590a2de.html
Visit the Texas Family Business website (www.baylor.edu/business/txfamily) to learn more about the awards