New restaurants and retail are preparing to open in Sundance Square before the end of the year, along with holiday activities and free Friday night concerts.
Among the retailers and restaurants:
• Tervis, a drinkware company, will take on 1,800 square feet of space next door to Schakolad Chocolate Factory on Fourth Street. The retailer will open in December offering its tumbler products.
• Nestle Toll House Café & Red Mango is scheduled to open during the holidays. Nestle will be located at 124 E. Fourth Street next to The Original Cupcakery.
• Brookstone, a specialty lifestyle retail company, will open a shop for the holidays in the former Radio Shack space on Commerce Street. Brookstone will be open now through early January.
• Sunglass Hut will open in November on the first floor of the Westbrook Building on Fourth Street with 859 square feet.
• The former Barnes & Noble site will see H&M open a 31,000 square foot store featuring ladies and men’s apparel later this winter.
• In January, Yolk, a breakfast and brunch restaurant, will open in Sundance Square at 305 Main Street.
Sundance Square’s official tree lighting ceremony will take place on Sunday, November 22 around 7:30 p.m. immediately following the XTO Energy Parade of Lights. Santa Claus will be in Sundance Square beginning November 22 through December 22.
Sundance Square is also adding a free Friday Night Concert Series in the plaza with dates set for December 4, 11, and 18 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
• December 4: Gloria and Friends
• December 11 Kevin Aldridge and the Appraisers
• Luke Wade, past contender on NBC’s seventh season of The Voice, is slated for Friday, December 18 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.