The City Council, in its work session Tuesday, received its monthly update on development activity within the city. The following are highlights for August:
• 567 new single family permits were issued, up 79 percent from July and up 35 percent from August 2017.
• 76 new commercial permits were issued, up 46 percent from July but down 34 percent from August 2017.
• New commercial valuation (excluding remodels and additions) increased to $154
million, up 295 percent from July.
• Total commercial valuation (including remodels and additions) increased to $255
million, up 180 percent from July and up 26 percent from August 2017.
• The overall customer service satisfaction was 78 percent very positive or somewhat
positive for August, up from 76 percent in July.