When the Grandscape project was announced in 2013, the vision was to create a one-of-a-kind mixed use development anchored by Nebraska Furniture Mart and other unique retailers and featuring an assortment of dining and entertainment attractions along with office and residential opportunities. That vision comes closer to fruition with an announcement July 11 of new living options, a big office lease and an array of new restaurants and retail.
Here are some of the new offerings:
• Lanoha Development Company will construct a new luxury residential apartment project. Live Grandscape will include 345 units, in its first phase, consisting of, studios, 1 and 2-bedroom apartments and 2 penthouse suites. Construction is already underway on the 419,000+ square foot tower, with leasing and move-in dates slated for 2020. Live Grandscape will feature multiple pools, large outdoor amenity spaces with cabanas and lounges, multi-story exercise facilities, fitness classes, doggy day care and park, indoor rec room and theatre, among other offerings.
• Little Rock-based construction firm VCC is announcing the lease of 14,603 square feet of office space in the Grandscape development. The company plans to open the office in the spring of 2019 with 40 employees. The VCC culture is built on communication. Consequently, their office atmosphere reflects this with an open door policy and a multitude of opportunities for team collaboration. Prior to this move, VCC had been in the same space in Dallas for 16 years. The Grandscape move is strategic for VCC, setting the stage for the next phase of growth for the company in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. This will be the company’s 10th office in the United States.
Also on the way to Grandscape:
• Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse will open in the spring of 2020. Author, Chef and Restaurateur Steve DiFillippo is bringing his Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse to Grandscape. With only 10 locations, mainly located in the east, this will be the first location in the state of Texas. Seven Doors at Montecito Grill In Early Fall 2019
• Seven Doors Hospitality & Dianna Lynn Productions latest addition to its hospitality group (Humboldt, Via Baci, The Rialto Cafe & Blue Island Oyster Bar) announces Seven Doors at Montecito Grill an original concept at the Grotto in Grandscape opening for lunch & dinner daily in early fall of 2019. Seven Doors at Montecito Grill will be approximately 8,000 square feet with 350 seats including outdoor seating and a private dining area. By mixing and layering historic architectural elements with contemporary design touches, Seven Doors promises to deliver a delightfully unexpected dining experience.
• Opening in 2019 is Barley & Board, a gastropub, influenced by seasonal and fresh, high-quality ingredients Founded in Denton, Grandscape will be the second location for this local hotspot.
• Also opening in 2019 is LSA Burger Co. LSA stands for Lone Star Attitude. Coined by Texas singer-songwriter, Jon Christopher Davis, Lone Star Attitude is an unwritten code handed down from generation to generation. It’s the pride that comes from a hard day’s work, doing the right thing and helping those in need. It’s sticking to your word and standing your ground. LSA Burger Co.will honor the state’s musical legends and trailblazers.
• Opening in the summer of 2019 is Kilwins, a 1,600 square foot store featuring a full line of chocolates. Kilwins store will stock over 300 products. Employees craft Kilwins confections in each store.