81.4 F
Fort Worth
Sunday, April 11, 2021

Methodist officially opens new Southlake facility

The Dallas-based Methodist Health System gained a larger presence on the west side of the Metroplex with the opening of Methodist Southlake Hospital on Tuesday, Sept. 27.

Southlake Mayor Laura Hill and Southlake Chamber of Commerce president Mark Guilbert were there to welcome Methodist leaders into the community.

The facility is Methodist Health System’s seventh acute care hospital and is a co-venture between Methodist Health System and independently practicing physicians from the region in and around Southlake. The hospital, at 421 E. State Highway 114, has 54 inpatient rooms, 10 family suites, 12 operating suites and more than 20 specialties. Methodist’s other large presence on the west side of the Metroplex is the Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, which has been growing as well. The hospital opened a $118 million patient tower with 86 rooms in December.

The Southlake hospital, formerly part of the Forest Park medical system, gives the Dallas-based health care system a larger presence on the west side of the Metroplex. In May, Methodist paid $9 million in cash and assumed about $8.6 million in secured debt to acquire 51 percent of the hospital from the Forest Park Medical Center group, which had filed for bankruptcy. Physician investors hold the remaining 49 percent.

At the opening ceremonies, Hill said she was grateful to Methodist for providing quality healthcare to the growing community. State Representative Giovanni Capriglione presented Methodist Health System CEO Stephen Mansfield, and Methodist Southlake Hospital Board vice chair Robert Pollard with a flag flown at the state capitol and a certificate of recognition.

“Methodist Health System has long had Southlake at the top of our list for expansion opportunities,” said Mansfield. “Whether measured by growth, beauty, city leadership, amenities for its citizens, high-performing schools, or flourishing businesses – Southlake, Texas is a phenomenal community and we look forward to being an integral and growing part of the city’s success.”

Pastor Judy Hunt of White’s Chapel United Methodist Church gave the opening dedication prayer, as well as the blessing of the new hospital chapel.

Entertainment was provided by Forte Strings.

Also on Tuesday, Texas Health Resources began treating patients and performing joint replacement surgeries Sept. 27 at its new Texas Health Hospital Clearfork in the growing southwest sector of Fort Worth. That location was also acquired from the Forest Park Medical Center group.

Home

Get our email updates

Robert Francis
Robert is a Fort Worth native and longtime editor of the Fort Worth Business Press. He is a former president of the local Society of Professional Journalists and was a freelancer for a variety of newspapers, weeklies and magazines, including American Way, BrandWeek and InformatonWeek. A graduate of TCU, Robert has held a variety of writing and editing positions at publications such as the Grand Prairie Daily News and InfoWorld. He is also a musician and playwright.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Stay Connected

7,426FansLike
1,942FollowersFollow
11,830FollowersFollow
93SubscribersSubscribe

Join Our Newsletter

Latest Articles