Walmart on April 11 announced it expects to spend an estimated $277 million over the next year in Texas through the opening and remodeling of 49 stores as well as the rollout of several in-store and online innovations.
Several of the stores are in the Fort Worth area, including the ones in Cleburne, Fort Worth, Mansfield and Pantego. The company also plans to build a new store in Fort Worth, according to a company news release.
The updates are part of Walmart’s total capital expenditures guidance of approximately $11 billion for Fiscal Year 2019, which was outlined last October at the company’s annual meeting for the investment community and reiterated in February 2018.
Walmart recently reported strong comp sales growth of 2.1 percent for the fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2018. The Bentonville, Arkansas-based retail giant said the “plan is to continue improving stores and accelerating innovation during the coming year to make shopping faster and easier for customers in Texas,” according to a news release.
“With the continued rollout of new innovations, Walmart is re-envisioning the future of shopping right here in DFW,” said Walmart North Texas Regional General Manager Sonya Hostetler. “Through updated stores and convenient new offerings like Online Grocery Pickup, Pickup Towers and Scan & Go, Walmart is working to save our customers time while exceeding their expectations.”
2018 Walmart New Store Construction and Remodels in Texas
Walmart plans to build and remodel stores in the follow locations this year.
• Fort Worth
• El Paso
• Vidor (Beaumont)
Remodels – Walmart plans to remodel 45 stores throughout Texas in 2018, including these 18 in DFW and North Texas:
• 2021 N State Highway 121, Bonham
• 4025 Old Denton Rd, Carrollton
• 1616 W Henderson St, Cleburne
• 2305 N Central Expy, Dallas
• 802 E US Highway 80, Forney
• 3851 Airport Fwy, Fort Worth
• 7401 Park Vista Blvd, Fort Worth
• 8520 N Beach St, Fort Worth
• 555 W Interstate 30, Garland
• 1200 W Main St, Gun Barrel City
• 190 E Round Grove Rd, Lewisville
• 2951 Matlock Rd, Mansfield
• 2610 W Pioneer Pkwy, Pantego
• 8801 Ohio Dr., Plano
• 12220 FM 423, Plano
• 1501 Buckingham Rd, Richardson
• 2765 W Washington St., Stephenville
• 1200 N Highway 77, Waxahachie