Waterside, the new 63-acre mixed-use property at Bryant Irvin Road and Arborlawn Drive, is celebrating their Grand Opening by hosting an inaugural Waterside by Fort Worth (WxFW) event, which will be a day-long festival of free, family-friendly activities.
In a press release today, Waterside announced plans for what it is calling The Celebration of Fort Worth.
“Benefitting Tarrant Area Food Bank, Don’t Forget to Feed Me and Streams & Valleys, WxFW will celebrate all things Fort Worth: history, community, art, food, drink, health, music and giving back. Guests will enjoy healthy living demos, an interactive mural art display, Taste of Waterside, store and restaurant specials, a live concert featuring local musicians, Air Review and Jake Paleschic, a fireworks display, and more.”
“Waterside by Fort Worth is an opportunity for the community to come see everything that Waterside is all about,” said Terry Montesi, CEO, Trademark Property Co., the developer of Waterside. “As we planned this project, we spent time talking to members of the community to understand what kinds of retailers, amenities and experiences would best fit their needs. Their feedback is directly reflected in this property through features like the Trinity Trails integration, an emphasis on community spaces and amenities, incorporating technology, the use of local artisans, and the re-use of many materials and assets from the original site, to name a few. Everything about Waterside is designed with the Fort Worth community in mind, and we can’t wait for them to experience it.”
All events will take place in The Grove, located behind Whole Foods Market and Taco Diner. WxFW activities will include:
• Social Running Club Training Run, 9 a.m.: Warm up for a day of activities with a 5k run.
• Yoga, 11 a.m.: Enjoy a free class with Jen the Traveling Yogi.
• Main Stage Demos and Music, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Cooking and exercise demos will take place on the main stage. Local artists also will play throughout the afternoon.
• Healthy Living Demos, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Cooking and exercise demos with a healthy spin will take place on the main stage.
• Taste of Waterside, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Select Waterside restaurants, including Blaze Pizza, Piattello Italian Kitchen, Steel City Pops, Taco Diner and Tokyo Joe’s, will offer free samples of their signature dishes. Space is limited for this portion of the event, so early arrival is suggested. Registration will begin at 2 p.m. at the Waterside information table, located in The Grove.
• Concert, 6:30 p.m.: Enjoy a free concert from local musicians, Air Review and Jake Paleschic.
• Fireworks Show, 8 p.m.: The night will end with celebratory fireworks over the Trinity River.
• Donation Station, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Guests are encouraged to support nonprofit partners, Tarrant Area Food Bank and Don’t Forget to Feed Me, with a food item or monetary donation. The first 500 participating guests will receive a Waterside reusable bag and water bottle.
• Interactive Mural Painting, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Attendees can contribute to an interactive Waterside-branded art piece facilitated by local artist, Brandi Cottingham.
• Social Media Giveaways, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Share photos and videos with the hashtag #WxFW to see them appear on the live social media screens in The Grove. Winners will be selected periodically throughout the day to win prizes from Waterside stores and restaurants.
• Live T-shirt Screen Printing, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Trust Printshop will print Fort Worth-themed shirts on-site, available for $15 to benefit nonprofit, Streams & Valleys.
• Selfie Station, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Guests can take photo booth-style pictures and share directly on social media.
• Grove Games, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Lawn games, including bocce ball, Jenga and cornhole, will encourage friendly competition. Referees will teach guests how to play and facilitate games.
• In-Store Specials, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Tenants including Blaze Pizza, CycleBar, Steel City Pops, Sur La Table, REI and Whole Foods Market will offer in-store food samples, specials and giveaways.
“As part of its initial phase, Waterside has welcomed a number of tenants including anchors REI and Whole Foods Market, as well as Sur La Table, Taco Diner, Blaze Pizza, Tokyo Joe’s, CycleBar, and Zoë’s Kitchen. Openings will continue throughout the coming months with Piattello Italian Kitchen and Steel City Pops, as well as additional retailers and local, chef-driven restaurants,” the release stated. Katour’s, a luxury suite-for-lease hair salon, is opening at Waterside and will participate in the development’s first annual Waterside by Fort Worth event. Located at 5924 Convair Dr., Katour’s occupies 4,500 square feet of space offering 35 individual suites and stations. The interior motif is described as Texas couture and features reclaimed architectural wood beams outlining the ceiling plus beautiful barn-doors accenting each suite. Hand carved mirrors and French country décor are interspersed throughout the salon.