SOURCE EXPLORER, a life sciences supplier search and matching service, announced May 28 that it has accumulated more than 3,000 clients and is taking a firm launch into the global marketplace.
“The company’s services will help save life science clients potentially months of lost time and unnecessary, costly mistakes by making sure that only the most appropriate, qualified service suppliers get hired for needed roles,” SOURCE EXPLORER founder and CEO Kellan Barfield said in a news release.
The company’s announcement said that when it comes to finding service suppliers, life science professionals generally turn to their personal network, an internal sourcing manager, or Google. With so many millions of choices, it can be hard to discern a true match from a close miss.
Like other major search platforms, SOURCE EXPLORER contains a broad spectrum of suppliers in search of clients. However, SOURCE EXPLORER focuses solely on life science services.
Moreover, every listed supplier is vetted by SOURCE EXPLORER to eliminate false leads and save users time. Client companies can leave reviews on suppliers’ listings, and the platform is free to life science professionals, the news release said.
SOURCE EXPLORER sorts providers primarily into categories around Marketing, Training, Leadership Development, Technology, and Event Planning, although there are other top-level categories, and every category has a range of sub-disciplines.
For example, within Training, project owners may further sort for fields such as Product Launch, Sustainability, Gamification, Virtual Training, and more. With all the intuitive criteria offered, SOURCE EXPLORER users can link directly to a finely sorted list of excellent supplier candidates in minutes — for free.
For providers, SOURCE EXPLORER offers multiple service tiers and subscription durations. Plans start at $349 for 30 days. Higher-level tiers provide access to valuable webinars, additional networking opportunities, “spotlight” content positioning on the website, and additional benefits.
The company said it counts some of the life science industry’s leading players in its portfolio, including Gilead, AstraZeneca, Roche, Mylan, Biogen and Genentech.
The company said that other key SOURCE EXPLORER features include:
– Fast, detailed tracking of client activity. Every move a client makes within a supplier profile gets tracked, including video views, category and sub-category navigation, keyword use, and more, providing suppliers with deep insight that can lead to profile optimization.
– A unique, embedded PPT upload and viewing tool to showcase the supplier’s portfolio.
– An internal messaging conduit linking clients with suppliers from inside the platform.
– Intelligent search results based on strong logic that place the most relevant suppliers at the top.
– Relevant sub-specialty viewing. While each supplier may have many sub-specialties across several categories, when a client searches for a particular category, they will see only the sub-specialty relevant to their search in order to cut out noise in results.
Barfield said SOURCE EXPLORER is growing its client list by more than 20 signups per day.
The last two quarters were profitable, she said, proving that the life sciences field needs a more efficient means of linking project owners and suppliers.
– FWBP Staff