43.5 F
Fort Worth
Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Parents hope Texas teen’s last text will spread awareness

LOVINGTON, N.M. (AP) — The parents of a Texas teen who died after she was accidentally electrocuted inside a bathtub are sharing one of the last photos their daughter sent before her death.

The photo taken July 9 shows an extension cord that 14-year-old Madison Coe brought inside the bathroom so she could charge her phone while she was in the tub.

Investigators believe Coe may have been electrocuted after touching a frayed portion of the extension cord.

Lovington Police Sgt. David Miranda says the teen’s family hopes the image will raise awareness of the dangers that the combination of electricity, water and portable electronic devices can pose to people.

Coe was an incoming high school freshman from Lubbock, Texas. She was visiting her father in Lovington, New Mexico, when she died.

Related Articles

Our Digital Sponsors

Stay Connected

7,346FansLike
1,942FollowersFollow
11,787FollowersFollow
80SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles

Get our email updates

Stay up-to-date with the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in the Fort Worth.