Freeway construction has prompted yet more road closures this weekend. They are:
Friday Jan. 8 and Saturday Jan. 9, 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.:
· All lanes of westbound Loop 820 west of Riverside Drive. Traffic will be redirected to Basswood Boulevard.
Sunday January 10, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
· All lanes of eastbound Loop 820 at the Interstate 35W/Loop 820 interchange. Traffic will be redirected to Meacham Boulevard.
· Direct connectors from northbound and southbound I-35W to eastbound Loop 820. Traffic will be redirected to Meacham Boulevard.
· All lanes of eastbound State Highway 121 at I-35W. Traffic will be redirected to Fourth Street.
· All lanes of eastbound and westbound Northside Drive/Yucca Avenue at I-35W. Eastbound traffic will be redirected to Pharr Street and westbound traffic will be redirected to 28th Street.
Meanwhile, the new direct connector from southbound I-35W to westbound Loop 820 will tentatively open the weekend of January 8-10.
The construction work is part of the $1.4 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project, which includes a section ranked sixth on the state’s most congested roadway list along 6.5 miles of I-35W from north of Interstate 30 to north of Loop 820, including the I-35W/I-820 interchange in Fort Worth. The project includes the reconstruction of main lanes and the addition of TEXpress managed lanes.
More information is available at www.northtarrantexpress.com.