Ongoing road construction has prompted the following closures:
Friday April 29, from 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.
· The on-ramp to the eastbound Loop 820 TEXpress lanes from southbound Interstate 35W; traffic redirected to the next entrance at Riverside Drive from the eastbound 820 general purpose lanes
· All lanes of southbound I-35W at the I-35W/Loop 820 interchange; traffic redirected to FM 156
· The direct connector from eastbound Loop 820 to northbound I-35W; traffic redirected to Haltom Road.
Friday April 29 and Saturday April 30, from 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.
· All lanes of westbound Loop 820 at the I-35W/820 interchange; traffic redirected to Basswood Boulevard
· The direct connector from northbound I-35W to westbound I-820; traffic redirected to Basswood Boulevard
· All lanes of northbound I-35W at 28th Street; traffic redirected onto frontage roads (note: southbound I-35W will not be impacted).
· All lanes of eastbound and westbound 28th Street at I-35W; eastbound traffic redirected to Northside Drive and westbound traffic redirected to 33rd Street (the closure will begin at 8 p.m. on both nights).
· The direct connector from southbound I-35W to eastbound I-820; traffic redirected to FM 156
The NE 28th Street closures are expected to occur again next weekend, May 6-7, with more information to come.
Due to possible inclement weather on Friday April 29, the construction dates could change, or the work may be postponed. Updates will be available at www.northtarrantexpress.com, Facebook (North Tarrant Express) and Twitter (@ntexpress).
The work is part of the $1.4 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project. The project includes roadway currently ranked sixth on the state’s most congested roadway list. That segment runs along 6.5 miles of I-35W from north of Interstate 30 to north of Loop 820, including the I-35W/I-820 interchange in Fort Worth. The project includes the reconstruction of main lanes and the addition of TEXpress managed lanes.
More information is available at www.northtarrantexpress.com .