Motorists can expect more Interstate 35W closures as freeway construction continues:
Friday Oct. 30 through Saturday Oct. 31, 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.:
· There will be a closure of the direct connector from westbound Loop 820 to northbound I-35W. Traffic will be redirected to FM 156.
· There will be a closure of the direct connectors from southbound I-35W to eastbound and westbound Loop 820. Traffic will be redirected to Meacham Boulevard.
· There will be rolling full freeway closures on northbound and southbound I-35W at 28th Street.
· All lanes of northbound and southbound I-35W at 28th Street will be closed. Traffic will be redirected along the frontage roads.
· All lanes of eastbound and westbound 28th St. at I-35W will be closed. Eastbound traffic will be redirected to Northside Drive and westbound traffic will be redirected to 33rd Street.
· The southbound I-35W frontage road at 28th Street will be closed.
The work is part of the $1.4 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project. It includes a section ranked eighth on the state’s most congested roadway list along 6.5 miles of I-35W from north of I-30 to north of Loop 820, including the I-35W/I-820 interchange in Fort Worth. The project includes the reconstruction of main lanes and the addition of TEXpress managed lanes.
More information is available at www.northtarrantexpress.com.