Fort Worth motorists can expect several road closures as work crews prepare to permanently close the southbound Interstate 35W exit to Papurt Drive. The closures are as follows:
Friday Dec. 4 (overnight: 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.):
· The direct connector from southbound Texas 121 to southbound I-35W will be closed.
· There will be rolling full freeway closures on northbound I-35W between Papurt Drive and 28th Street.
Sunday Dec. 6 (overnight: 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.):
· All lanes of eastbound and westbound Northside Drive-Yucca Avenue at I-35W will be closed. Eastbound traffic will be redirected to Pharr Street; westbound traffic will be redirected to 28th Street.
· The Northside Drive-Yucca Avenue on-ramp to southbound I-35W will be closed. Traffic will be redirected to the previous entrance at 28th Street.
· The southbound I-35W exit to Northside Drive-Yucca Avenue will be closed. Traffic will be redirected to the previous exit at 28th Street.
The road work is part of the $1.4 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project. That includes a portion currently ranked sixth among the state’s most congested roadway list along 6.5 miles of I-35W from north of Interstate 30 to north of Loop 820, including the I-35W/820 interchange in Fort Worth. The project includes rebuilding the main lanes and the addition of TEXpress managed lanes.
More information is available at www.northtarrantexpress.com.