Fort Worth-are motorists can expect construction-related closures beginning Saturday Sept. 12, according to the North Tarrant Express. They are:
Saturday Sept. 12 – 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
· Closure of direct connector from westbound SH 121 to southbound I-35W. Traffic will be redirected to Carver Avenue.
· Closure of three right lanes on northbound I-35W at Spur 280. (note: 9 p.m. to 8 a.m.)
Sunday Sept. 13 – 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
· Closure of three right lanes on northbound I-35W at Spur 280. (note: 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
· Closure of all lanes of eastbound I-820 at the I-35W/I-820 interchange. Traffic will be redirected to Meacham Blvd.
· Closure of direct connectors from northbound and southbound I-35W to eastbound I-820. Traffic redirected to Meacham Blvd.
Monday Sept. 14 – 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
· Closure of on-ramp to southbound I-35W from Meacham Blvd. Traffic redirected to previous entrance at Mark IV Parkway.
· Closure of all lanes of northbound I-35W north of Meacham Blvd. Traffic redirected to Denton Hwy. 377.
· Closure of direct connectors from northbound I-35W to eastbound and westbound I-820. Traffic redirected to Denton Hwy. 377.
· Closure of on-ramp to the eastbound TEXpress Lanes from northbound I-35W. Traffic redirected to the next TEXpress entrance at Denton Hwy. 377 from the eastbound I-820 frontage road.
· Closure of the on-ramp to southbound I-35W from Meacham Blvd. Traffic redirected to the previous entrance at Mark IV Pkwy.
Construction is part of the $1.4 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project, which includes a section ranked eighth among the state’s most congested roadways.
The 35W project includes the reconstruction of main lanes and the addition of TEXpress managed lanes and will be complete in 2018.
Information on upcoming closures is available at www.northtarrantexpress.com. Detour maps are available at http://northtarrantexpress.com/AlternateRouteMapsNew.asp, with lane closure information posted at http://northtarrantexpress.com/LaneClosuresNew.asp