Ongoing freeway construction has prompted the following closures to begin on Friday Jan. 15:
Friday Jan. 15 through Saturday Jan. 16, from 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.
· All lanes of northbound Interstate 35W at the I-35W/Loop 820 interchange. Traffic will be redirected to Denton Highway 377.
· The direct connector from northbound I-35W to westbound Loop 820. Traffic will be redirected to Denton Highway 377.
Saturday Jan. 16 through Sunday Jan. 17, from 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.:
· The on-ramp to the eastbound Loop 820 TEXpress lanes from northbound I-35W. Traffic will be redirected to the next entrance from the eastbound general purpose lanes at Riverside Drive.
Sunday Jan. 17 through Monday Jan. 18, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
· All lanes of northbound I-35W north of Meacham Boulevard. Traffic will be redirected to Denton Highway 377.
· Direct connectors from northbound I-35W to eastbound and westbound Loop 820. Traffic will be redirected to Denton Highway 377.
The construction is part of the $1.4 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project, which includes a section currently ranked sixth on the state’s most congested roadway list along 6.5 miles of I-35W from north of I-30 to north of I-820 including the I-35W/I-820 interchange in Fort Worth. The project includes the reconstruction of main lanes and the addition of TEXpress managed lanes.
More information is available at www.northtarrantexpress.com.