Fort Worth motorists should be aware of overnight closures planned along Interstate 35W, according to North Tarrant Express officials.
From 9 p.m. Friday July 17 through 10 a.m. Saturday July 18 and 9 p.m. Saturday July 18 through noon Sunday July 19:
· Northbound and southbound I-35W will be reduced to one lane in each direction at Spur 280.
· There will be a closure of the on-ramp from westbound Lancaster Avenue to U.S. 287.
· There will be a closure of all lanes of eastbound Spur 280.
From 9 p.m. Sunday July through 5 a.m. Monday July 20:
· There will be a closure of all lanes of northbound I-35W north of Meacham Boulevard.
· There will be a closure of the direct connector from northbound I-35W to eastbound and westbound IH 820.
· There will be a closure of the on-ramp to northbound I-35W from McMillan Parkway. Traffic will be redirected to Denton Highway 377.
· There will be a closure of the on-ramp to the eastbound IH 820 TEXpress lanes from northbound I-35W. Traffic will be redirected to the next entrance at Denton Highway 377 from the eastbound IH 820 frontage road.
From 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., Monday July 20 through Friday July 31:
· There will be a closure of the off-ramp from northbound I-35W to Pharr Street. Traffic will be redirected to the next exit at Northside Drive/Yucca Avenue.
And lasting two consecutive weeks from Monday July 20:
· There will be a closure of the off-ramp from southbound I-35W to 28th Street. Traffic will be redirected to the next exit at Northside Drive/Yucca Avenue.
· There will be a closure of all lanes of the southbound I-35W frontage road from Dewey Street to 28thStreet. Traffic will be redirected to Deen Road.
Drivers may visit www.northtarrantexpress.com for closure updates. Closures are subject to weather conditions, and construction activities may be postponed if necessary.
Construction at the interchange is part of the $1.4 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project, which includes a section ranked eighth among the state’s most congested roadways.
The 35W project includes the reconstruction of main lanes and the addition of TEXpress managed lanes and will be complete in 2018.